The Google Jamboard mobile app is a game-changing tool for collaboration on Play Store enabled Chromebooks and iPads. Additionally, there is now a streamlined Google Jamboard web app (2:43 explainer video).
Please note: The Google Jamboard app is 100% FREE. No Jamboard device required.
Ever since I discovered the Jamboard app in June 2017, I have wanted to see it used in classrooms as a collaboration tool. I am excited to share that Google for Education has created a First Day of Google Jamboard resource in their Google Teacher Center to help teachers get started. Additionally, I am honored that five of my videos are part of this resource.
Check out First Day of Jamboard to get started using this awesome app. Share your thoughts and questions in the comments below or with me on Twitter, @TomEMullaney.
In January, I was honored to be a guest on Kim Mattina’s The Suite Talk YouTube channel to talk about the Google Jamboard app.
I am now proud to be the first two-time guest in the history of The Suite Talk. Kim and I talked about how Jamboard has changed and grown in the 9 months since my first appearance.
Watch to learn about Jamboard updates including:
- Jams can be found in Google Drive.
- Jams integrate with Google Classroom.
- The Jamboard app works on phones.
- Frames have a few backgrounds to choose from including graph paper. Imagine that – your students have infinite collaborative graph paper!
- The user interface has changed. The with tools are now black and the toolbar is smaller.
- Jamboard has a streamlined web app available at jamboard.google.com.
Enjoy the episode. Questions? Please comment below or tweet me at @TomEMullaney. Thanks for reading and watching.