I recorded a Google Hangout on Air for the North Carolina Google Educator Group. Here are the video and the slides. Additionally, there are direct links to when I cover specific topics in the video.
- Gravelly Hill Middle School – The innovative middle school I have the honor of reporting to work at every day
- The awesome SAMR swimming pool by Jaclyn B. Stevens
- Google Forms for Do Nows and multiple choice assessment
- Choosing a theme image in Google Classroom
- Making a different Google Classroom for each unit – a great idea from Todd Nasife
- The About Tab in Google Classroom
- What can students add or attach to an assignment in Google Classroom?
- A strategy for differentiation in Google Classroom
- Create a Question in Google Classroom
- Taking notes with Google Classroom
- Finding Google Classroom assignments by student – a great idea from Jennifer L. Scheffer
- Google Classroom’s commenting feature as a students-helping-students backchannel – a great idea from Nicole Dalesio
- Google Classroom submission of late work procedure – great idea from Alice Keeler
Assignments and Content
- The Research Tool in Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Drawings
- EasyBib Google Docs Add-On and Google Chrome Extension
- Take a Snapshot in Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Drawings
- Google Apps and Math
- Google Drawings
- Should we go paperless?
- Comments in Google Apps
- The Impossible to Fail Quiz – a great idea from Chris Aviles
- Sending feedback to Google